Monday, June 28, 2010

Meal Plan 6/28-7/4

Previous Week (Meal Plan 6/21-6/27)


Meal plans are wonderful, but life happens. Here is a review of last week's eats and how it all turned out.



Monday we had grilled ribeyes, vegetable skewers, and roasted garlic potato wedges. Hubby put a coffee spice rub on the steaks and grilled them medium. The grilled vegetables turned out great. Monday's meal would have been perfection without the super salty potato wedges. I halved my recipe and forgot to halve the salt and garlic. Oops, Betty Crapper struck again!


On Tuesday I used my thawed frozen pizza dough and made a pizza topped with marinara sauce, salami, red onions, green peppers, mushrooms, kalamata olives, and fresh mozarella cheese. I loved the combination of toppings. 

Tuesday I also made mamey ice cream for the first time. My father in law picked up his ice cream before I had a chance to take a picture. He tells me it was excellent and there's none left. I'll be making it again this coming weekend for my mother.


Wednesday I deviated from the meal plan and made picadillo. There was enough to have leftovers for lunch on Friday.

On Thursday, I met my husband for lunch and over ate: definitely not conducive to cooking dinner. That evening I had a small bagel with cream cheese and let my husband fend for himself. I believe he had cereal.


Friday's planned meal was also a bust. We ate spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce. Later that evening I made a cucumber salad to take to the beach. I found the recipe over at Use Real Butter

On Saturday I ate the Thai cucumber salad at the beach. The salad was delicious and perfect for the hot day. I will definitely make it again. 

Have I told you how much my ten month old loves the water? Lots and lots and lots! We followed up the beach with a dip in the pool at my sister's condo. The baby kicked and splashed and laughed. I believe she loved the pool more than the beach.

There was definitely no time to cook dinner on Saturday, so I picked up food from Outback on the way home.


Sunday, was a busy day in the kitchen. I made pizza dough for my freezer, chocolate cake to satisfy my chocolate cravings, and balsamic chicken over brown rice for dinner. 

Meal Plan 6/28-7/4

Monday: shredded chicken tacos with salsa, guacamole, and homemade flour tortillas
Tuesday: pepperoni pizza
Thursday: chicken with warm tomato corn salad and homemade bread
Friday: three cheese ziti inspired by SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen
Saturday:TBD, beach bound! dinner will likely be take out or leftovers.
Sunday:TBD, Fourth of July! 

I reserve the right to make substitutions and deletions due to laziness.

Baking/Sweets Wish List
(all homemade of course)
  • mamey ice cream
  • apple cake
If you are in need of further inspiration, check out the weekly Menu Plan Monday post over at I'm an Organizing Junkie

17 comments:

  1. Homemade flour tortillas sound good. So much better than the ones you get at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, my goodness, can you please tell me the recipe for your roasted garlic potato wedges? And I'm definitely going to check out your flour tortilla recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a delicious week! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH yum yum yum. I think you're doing great and I'm super jealous of the thai cuke salad. Uh, YUM!!!!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family had a week of glorious good! May I ask what type of fruit you used for the mamey ice cream? I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corn soup with guacamole sounds delicious! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your salami pizza sounds yummy. I think I'll try it this weekend.

    Glad to hear your mamey ice cream turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That balsamic chicken looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bookmarked your choc cake recipe... sounds yummy! Found you from OrgJunkie... I am now following your site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The three cheese ziti looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me laughing pretty hard...love the name and you striking again... ;) I can see we share a love for olives- yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome meals for the week! enjoy the ziti :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sheena & Seanna, you should try homemade tortillas some time. They are definitely better than store bought.

    @ Alicia, I emailed you the recipe to the address listed on your profile. I need to get around to blogging the recipe.

    @ Jet & And Miles to Go, thanks!

    @ Alex, thank you. That cucumber salad was really quick and easy.

    @ Mary, I used Mamey Sapote. My father in law gave me frozen pulp from trees in his yard. It grows well in South Florida. Fairchild Tropical Garden has a good picture of mamey sapote midway down the page at following link
    http://www.fairchildgarden.org/livingcollections/tropicalfruitprogram/jackfruit/

    @ Food on the Table, my husband requested the corn soup again. It's delicious.

    @ April, thanks for the award. Salami pizza is really good.

    @ Liz thanks. It's really easy. Several of my friends have made it with great success.

    @ Vanessa, thanks for following. I appreciate the support.

    @ Traci, that ziti comes highly recommended.

    @ Miss Mommy, laughing is good, very good. I eat olives right out of the jar. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    @ SnoWhite, I can't wait to try that ziti.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great week! Stopping by from the link at Menu Plan Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love the recipe for your corn soup and roasted corn guac....sounds great. Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday this week. I'd love to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. pastas and rice are my favorite and when i see a dish, i just want to snatch them and eat rigth away, your cooking looks very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just happened upon your great blog. Love all the recipes.

    ReplyDelete