Monday, June 21, 2010

Meal Plan 6/21-6/27

Previous Week (Meal Plan 6/14-6/20)

Meal Plans are wonderful, but life happens. Here is a review of last week's eats and how it all turned out.


Monday, I made spaghetti with marinara sauce and homemade whole wheat bread. I made enough sauce to eat spaghetti for lunch the next day, have a spaghetti dinner later in the week, and use as pizza sauce. 


Tuesday's chicken fajitas were great. I used a spice mixture languishing in my pantry from Williams-Sonoma. This was the first time I ate fajitas without any tomato salsa. I made corn guacamole, instead.


On Wednesday, I made chicken piccata with white rice. Quick and easy as usual. This time I used half the capers called for in the recipe and it was perfect. I need to update my chicken piccata recipe to reflect the positive change.


Thursday I had a salad for dinner. 

On Friday we had homemade pizza topped with prosciutto, red onions, and fresh mozzarella. Delicious combination.

Saturday I had spaghetti for dinner. I really, really love spaghetti and could eat it every day.

We went out to eat for father's day.

Last week, I never made Wednesday's ribeyes or Saturday's picadillo. Those will be carried over to the current week. 

Meal Plan 6/21-6/27 

Monday: grilled ribeyes, grilled vegetable skewers, and roasted garlic potato wedges
Tuesday: homemade pizza with salami
Wednesday: balsamic chicken over brown rice  
Thursday: picadillo over white rice
Friday: shredded chicken tacos

Saturday: TBD
Sunday: TBD

I reserve the right to make substitutions and deletions due to laziness.

Baking/Sweets Wish List
(all homemade of course)
If you are in need of further inspiration, check out the weekly Menu Plan Monday post over at I'm an Organizing Junkie

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you figured out a recipe for mamey ice cream. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza combination makes my mouth water! Good luck with your plan this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The corn guacamole sounds very interesting! Do you have that recipe somewhere on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just back up and saw the link for the recipe:) Silly me;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...I'm working on a plan right now! Life is so busy! I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your corn guacamole looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I wish I could have made such plans and also work on then with a 9 month old!
    Chicken piccata sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete