Just a reminder, there's still one more day to enter my stovetop espresso maker and Cuban coffee giveaway. No entries after 11 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, October 27, 2010.
One of my favorite bloggers, Susi from Susi's Kochen Und Backen Adventures, has tagged me (and seven other bloggers) with a get-to-know-you internet game. If you haven't yet discovered Susi's wonderful blog, what are you waiting for? Susi makes great food and I know you'll agree.
The rules of the internet "game" are simple: answer eight questions provided by the "tagger" and then chose eight blogs to tag with eight questions of my choosing.
Susi's questions for Betty Crapper
1. What is your favorite kitchen tool to use?
It's so hard to pick just one! I love cluttering up my kitchen drawers with gadgets. Since Susi twisted my arm and is making me decide, I'll pick... see I changed my mind already. I'm horrible at making decisions. Ok, I pick the rubber spatula.
2. What is your all-time favorite dessert?
I drool over chocolate cake, but lately I'm going gaga over Tiramisu ice cream.
3. What cooking show would you love to be part of?
It's been a while since I watched a cooking show. Probably the last cooking show I enjoyed was Alton Brown's Good Eats. I would love to play one of the kooky characters on that show, but only if I got to wear a funny costume. This month is Halloween after all.
4. If you could travel to any country just for the food, which would it be?
France! I want to eat lots of cheese and bread washed down with wine.
5. Is there a food you can't stomach, no matter how often you've tried it?
I'll eat just about anything, but don't make me eat raw fish. Sorry sushi fans. Betty Crapper can't stand sushi.
6. What is your most treasured recipe?
My carrot cake. I've been making it since I was a little girl and it was the first recipe I memorized.
7. What is your best kitchen tip?
Don't be afraid to try making something new. It's probably a lot easier than you thought it would be (especially if you read the recipe before you start) and if you mess up it makes a great story.
8. With the holiday's approaching, tell us about a food you must have on either your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table!
There's nothing in particular I must have; however my sister and cousin will be mighty upset with me If I don't make three layer brownies this Christmas. I've been making those things since I was a little girl.
I am tagging the following eight bloggers.
Andrea the Kitchen Witch
Hun...What's for Dinner?
Indigo's Sugar Spectrum
Lindy & Ree
Me, Myself & Pie
Here are eight questions you get tagged with. I would love to learn a little bit more about you, but don't feel obligated to answer if these internet games don't float your boat.
1. What is your favorite cookbook?
2. What do you feel like eating when you are grumpy?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
4. How did you learn to cook?
5. What is your favorite kitchen appliance or tool?
6. Is there anything in the kitchen that intimidates you?
7. How far in advance do you plan your meals?
8. What is your most treasured food related memory?