Monday, August 23, 2010

Meal Plan 8/23-8/29

Meal plans are wonderful, but life happens. Here is a review of last week's eats and how it all turned out.




Previous Week (Meal Plan 8/16-8/22)


Last week I made everything on the meal plan, except Saturday's burgers. Everything was fantastic. I tried three new recipes (pasta with sun dried tomatoes, chicken tabbouleh, and meatballs) and can't wait to make them again. Look for upcoming recipe posts for the pasta and tabbouleh.


Meal Plan 8/23-8/29


We are going out of town on Saturday and need to use up leftovers. It is going to be a light cooking week. 


Monday: leftover chicken piccata
Tuesday: pizza with dough from freezer
Wednesday: spaghetti with meatballs from freezer
Thursday: picadillo with white rice
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: San Francisco ??
Sunday: San Francisco ??




If you are in need of further inspiration check out the weekly Menu Plan Monday post over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.


I have procrastinated with the vacation planning. We will be gone two weeks. The week in San Francisco is booked since the husband has a conference. Any suggestions for how to fill up my days while my husband is occupied? I will have a 12 month old with me and we are staying in the Union Square area.


I have not yet booked the second week of the vacation. I am leaning toward a relaxing short stay near Big Sur somewhere, a return trip to Yosemite, and back to San Francisco for the last couple days to explore Muir Woods. 


Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

8 comments:

  1. I lived in the SF Bay Area for 35 years :)
    My favorite places...Google them!

    Golden Gate Park
    Academy of Science
    Japanese Tea Gardens
    Pier 39
    Tiburon
    Sausalito
    Alcatraz
    Union Square has lots of shopping and restaurants
    Ferry Ride...from SF-Angel Island
    Ghiradelli Square
    The Exploratorium-Kid Friendly

    http://www.thingstodo.com/states/CA/san_francisco.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pasta salad looks delicious. Looking forward to the recipe!

    San Francisco is on my list for vacations. Have loads of fun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in San Fran! It's such a fun city! Definitely take a walk down by the warf, eat some chowder and visit the Ghiradelli store. China town is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eats look delicious! Can't wait for the tabbouleh recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking menu. I haven't made spaghetti and meatballs in a while, I need to put that on next weeks menu.

    Sounds like your going to have a great vacation. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your menu looks excellent@ Lots of good food at your house!

    I agree with Lindy on places in SF. I would add to it the ferry ride to Tiburon, the wine train and the cable car rides are a must! I've been there many times and it is my favorite city!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Have a fabulous time and enjoy all the delicious food too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Betty, I put out a plea for help this morning on how to begin meal planning. You are so far ahead of me with how to do this and I'd appreciate any advice you could give.

    Here's my post if you'd like to offer any tips http://muminbloom.blogspot.com/2010/09/impending-storm-need-help-with-meal.html

    ReplyDelete