Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Raspberry Squares


Last Friday I came across the Raspberry Squares over at Tracey's Culinary Adventures. Betty Crapper drooled. 

I vowed to buy Raspberry preserves and indulge.  Betty Crapper is so glad she did. The raspberry squares were wonderful; not too sweet with a somewhat crunchy texture. Simply outstanding for very little work.

I followed the very easy Cooks Illustrated recipe posted by Tracey and used raspberry conserve instead of preserves. 


Betty Crapper is not sure what the difference is between conserve and preserves.



Maybe after she finishes the entire plate she'll figure it out. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the email Betty and for including the link to your blog. Love it! I'm glad you enjoyed the raspberry squares. They're so easy and pretty delicious for the minimum amount of work required :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these today but I didn't have any raspberry preserves, so I used strawberry. They were still really good, but I bet they would have been even better with raspberry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the difference between conserve and preserves, but I do know your humor is delectably good.

    All right, my Type A self had to look up the definitions. Conserve: A jam made of fruits stewed in sugar. Preserves: fruit cooked with sugar to protect against decay or fermentation; jam or confiture.

    They seem the same to me, but I'm not going to stew about it anymore.

    Enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete