Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekend Traditions

Just about every Saturday will find me making homemade waffles for my husband.  


He absolutely loves waffles topped with bittersweet chocolate chips and lots of homemade whipped cream.  Can you fault him loving the other-worldly goodness that is real whipped cream?  

My preference is real maple syrup.  Not that iconic imitation blend in the matronly shaped bottle made with " CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WATER, CELLULOSE GUM, CARAMEL COLOR, SALT, SODIUM BENZOATE AND SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVES), ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE" 

Can you pronounce all of it?  Really?  Now that you know, do you still want it?  I didn't think so.

Organic maple syrup is the only ingredient listed on my Grade A bottle of goodness.

If you've never made homemade waffles before, you are in for a treat. My go-to recipe yields perfection every time.  (Weighing the flour yields the best results.)



Life sure is sweet in Betty Crapper's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment